Helical Compressions springs are typically the most common type of spring. Compression springs are designed to have an axial force placed on them and then can return to their original position once the force is released. Compression springs are in fact one of the most efficient energy storage devices available.
Coiling Technologies, Inc. designs and manufactures compression springs that meet your exacting specifications and perform in the most demanding and challenging industrial applications.
Custom Compression Spring Manufacturer
Coiling Technologies, Inc., engineers can provide expert design advice to assist you with your spring requirements. CTI’s expert craftsman manufacture compression springs custom manufactured to meet your specifications and requirements with little or no compromise.
To create a compression spring you need, our experts work closely with you to:
- Assess operating conditions, functional service life, and specific load requirements
- Determine physical dimensions, shape, and size
- Select the proper material for the application
- Create a spring design, including ends such closed and ground, open, squared, tangential or pigtail ends, or a combination of both.
Compression spring can be manufactured in numerous shapes. Depending on the shape, springs react differently when stress, force, or load is placed upon them.
Helical Compression is the most common spring configuration, but compression springs also can be formed into a variety of shapes and sizes:
As one of the best compression spring manufacturers, we can produce springs with wire diameters of 0.012-inch to 2.50-inch bar for your custom spring application.
- Body length: Free lengths up 80 inches
- Body Diameter: Up to 24 inches.
Compression springs can be manufactured using almost any type of metal or steel, from simple carbon alloy steel to exotic metals such as titanium. Coiling Technologies, Inc. can manufacture compressions springs from almost any material.
Coiling Technologies sources only the best raw materials around the globe to manufacture our customized extension springs. The materials we use meet – and almost always – exceed OEM standards. We offer an extensive array of materials to choose from to ensure the lightest possible product that can handle the most extreme conditions.
- Hard Drawn Wire ASTM A227, ASTM A764
- Music Wire ASTM A228
- Oil Tempered Wire ASTM A229
- Chrome Vanadium Wire ASTM A231, ASTM A232
- Chrome Silicon Wire ASTM A401, ASTM A877, ASTM A1000, SAE 9254
- SAE 4160 ASTM A322, ASTM 689
- SAE 4340 ASTM A322, ASTM 689
- SAE 5160 ASTM A29, ASTM A304, ASTM A689
- 51CrV4 EN 1.8159
- 52CrMoV4 EN 1.7701 EN 10089:2005
Properties: The most common type of spring steel. Very economical. High strength and good ductility. Suitable for elevated temperatures up to 450 degrees and repeated shock loading.
- 17-4 ASTM A564
- 17-7 Stainless ASTM A313, AMS 5678F
- 302 Stainless ASTM A313-18
- 316 Stainless ASTM A313-18
Properties: Remarkable resistance to corrosion. Less expensive and reliable. Good tensile strength.
Super Alloys and Nickel Alloys
- Alloy 20 UNS N08020
- A286 Alloy AMS 5737, ASTM A453, ASTM A638
- Hastelloy C-276 ASTM B574
- Inconel 600 ASTM B166, AMS 5665, QQ-W-390
- Inconel 625 ASTM B446, AMS 5666
- Inconel 718 ASTM B637, AMS 5662
- Inconel X-750 ASTM AB637, AMS 5699, AMS 5698
- Monel 400 ASTM B164, AMS 4730
- Monel K500 ASTM B865, QQ-N-286
Properties: Used in extreme environments where tremendous heat and corrosion resistance is paramount. These materials can withstand extremely high temperatures and stress corrosion cracking. They are resistant to non-oxidizing acids.
- Elgiloy AMS 5833
- Haynes 282 UNS N07208
- MP35N AMS 5844, AMS 5845
- Nimonic 90 AMS 5829
- Rene 41 AMS 5545, AMS 5713
- Waspaloy ASTM B637, AMS 5706
Properties: Highly resistant to sulfide stress corrosion and cracking.
- Phosphor Bronze ASTM B159-17
- Beryllium Copper ASTM B196-13
- Titanium alloys Grade 1, 2, 5, and 19
Properties: Nonmagnetic and extremely resistant to corrosion
Compression Spring Applications
As the most commonly used spring on earth, compression springs can be found in an extensive range of applications, from simple products to complex components. Compression springs are used in:
- Aerospace components
- Agricultural equipment
- Automotive applications
- Heavy Industry
- Light Industry
- Medical devices
- Oil and gas equipment
- Stamping presses
- Transportation equipment
Your Customized Spring Partner
Coiling Technologies Inc. has the technical expertise, industry experience, and manufacturing capability to meet your compression spring needs.
- Certified ISO 9001-2015 manufacturer of custom-crafted small or large coil springs, compression springs, extension springs, suspension springs, wave springs, and torsion springs
- More than 45 years experience in the spring making industry
- Cutting-edge technology and efficient manufacturing methods to shorten production times and improve product consistency
- Capacity to deliver any size order out of our 110,000 square-foot facility in Houston, TX from prototype runs to high-volume orders
- On-site Coiling Technologies has other capabilities which include heat treating, powder coating, special coatings, magnetic particle inspection, shot peening, cycle testing, stamping, and wire forms.
Coiling Technologies designs and develops customized suspension springs to your requirements. Our engineers work closely with you to configure and create customized suspension springs that meet your exact specifications.
Contact us today for a quote!