Custom Extension Springs
Our customized extension springs are designed and manufactured to meet your exact parameters and perform in the most demanding and challenging conditions.
Extension springs absorb and store energy as well as create a resistance to a pulling force. These springs are commonly attached at both ends to components. When the components move apart, the spring works to bring them back together.
We have the technical expertise, design creativity, and manufacturing flexibility to supply the springs you need to give your operation the competitive edge in new markets.
To create the extension spring you need, our experts work closely with you to:
- Assess operating conditions, functional service life, and specific load requirements
- Determine physical dimensions, shape, and size
- Create a spring design, including ends such as loops, hooks, eyes, or other interfaces
- Select the proper material for manufacturing
Extension Spring Applications
Our extension springs can be used for any application requiring tension and an extending force:
- Automotive parts
- Garage door assemblies
- Hoisting assemblies
- Vise-grip pliers
- Washing devices
- Farm machinery
- Medical devices
- Porch swings
- Pool cover mounts
Our experts can configure and create customized extension springs to your exact specifications and load requirements. We can manufacture extension springs in almost any dimension. A wide range of hook and loop configurations are available.
Free length: Length of a spring in the unloaded position as measured from inside the end loops. We can cut to a desired length to meet specific load requirements.
Body length: Sizes available up 72 inches
Wire / Bar diameter: Sizes available up to 2.50 inch
Hook length: Adjustable to obtain the precisely required spring load at any extended position
End types: Manufactured with the specific end configuration you require: Hooks, threaded inserts, extended twist loops, crossover center loops, expanded eyes, reduced eyes, rectangular, teardrop-shaped.
Coiling Technologies sources only the best raw materials around the globe to manufacture our customized extension springs. The materials we use meet – and almost always – exceed OEM standards. We offer an extensive array of materials to choose from to ensure the lightest possible product that can handle the most extreme conditions.
- Hard Drawn Wire ASTM A227, ASTM A764
- Music Wire ASTM A228
- Oil Tempered Wire ASTM A229
- Chrome Vanadium Wire ASTM A231, ASTM A232
- Chrome Silicon Wire ASTM A401, ASTM A877, ASTM A1000, SAE 9254
- SAE 4160 ASTM A322, ASTM 689
- SAE 4340 ASTM A322, ASTM 689
- SAE 5160 ASTM A29, ASTM A304, ASTM A689
- 51CrV4 EN 1.8159
- 52CrMoV4 EN 1.7701 EN 10089:2005
Properties: The most common type of spring steel. Very economical. High strength and good ductility. Suitable for elevated temperatures up to 450 degrees and repeated shock loading.
- 17-4 ASTM A564
- 17-7 Stainless ASTM A313, AMS 5678F
- 302 Stainless ASTM A313-18
- 316 Stainless ASTM A313-18
Properties: Remarkable resistance to corrosion. Less expensive and reliable. Good tensile strength.
Super Alloys and Nickel Alloys
- Alloy 20 UNS N08020
- A286 Alloy AMS 5737, ASTM A453, ASTM A638
- Hastelloy C-276 ASTM B574
- Inconel 600 ASTM B166, AMS 5665, QQ-W-390
- Inconel 625 ASTM B446, AMS 5666
- Inconel 718 ASTM B637, AMS 5662
- Inconel X-750 ASTM AB637, AMS 5699, AMS 5698
- Monel 400 ASTM B164, AMS 4730
- Monel K500 ASTM B865, QQ-N-286
Properties: Used in extreme environments where tremendous heat and corrosion resistance is paramount. These materials can withstand extreme high temperatures and stress corrosion cracking. They are resistant to non-oxidizing acids.
- Elgiloy AMS 5833
- Haynes 282 UNS N07208
- MP35N AMS 5844, AMS 5845
- Nimonic 90 AMS 5829
- Rene 41 AMS 5545, AMS 5713
- Waspaloy ASTM B637, AMS 5706
Properties: Highly resistant to sulfide stress corrosion and cracking.
- Phosphor Bronze ASTM B159-17
- Beryllium Copper ASTM B196-13
Properties: Nonmagnetic and extremely resistant to corrosion
About Coiling Technologies Inc.
Coiling Technologies, Inc. is an ISO-certified manufacturer of high-tech, specialized springs and is committed to providing quality products. Coiling Technologies has the experience, expertise, and equipment to deliver the superior springs you want and the dedication and passion to provide the service you deserve.
Coiling Technologies, Inc.:
- Certified ISO 9001 manufacturer of custom-crafted small or large coil springs, compression springs, extension springs, suspension springs, wave springs, and torsion springs
- Has more than 45 years of experience in the industry
- Utilizes cutting-edge technology and efficient manufacturing methods to shorten production times and improve product consistency
- Extremely flexible systems – can manufacture any kind of spring in any size of any material
- Offers on-site product prototyping, stamping setups, wire forms, powder coating, special coatings, magnetic particle inspections, shot peening, cycle testing, and heat treating